Monday, September 19, 2016

I am a "light" learner

I can understand why shooting on film inside could pose challenges with the lack of lighting, but after an outing on a particularly bright day I learned too much light can cause just as many problems. Having to calculate f-stops and shutter speed to achieve the best quality of picture proved to be challenging. However, after a roll of practice film, I began to acquire a knack for compensating for the extreme conditions, and tried to use this as a chance to achieve a handful of experimental shots. I imagine with more experience using the manual shutter option could become the norm for myself. I could take the idea of experimental work to the next level by taking away the boundaries set on the  camera while creating my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment